Promethues/Jarko / Uriel / Devs Please Read

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

I think you're ignoring this too much. It's getting to the point where PVP is complete trash. Please fix mage pet stun timers. It should not stun you every half second. It ruins pvp. Please buff mage damage, because right now it sucks. Please make it so you drop 1 piece of gear when you die.

what you cant comprehend is that without those mage spirits freezing to stop a person from healing is that you would never kill anyone.

• @Clavicus said:

what you cant comprehend is that without those mage spirits freezing to stop a person from healing is that you would never kill anyone.

But chain friezing with mage spirit is broken. With 2 people and good timing you can stun a player 4ever and he has no chance to heal also, this is so broken atm. In this sence pvp is pointless becouse who will friez you first win.

mage spirits are a necessary evil. most people you run into open world will just run from you. the other people you run into will fight you until they are about to lose then run from you. if we didnt have mage spirits as they currently are almost nobody would die except the noobs zycor targets. there is no other viable way to prevent someone from healing besides lethal strike which is very unreliable considering hit chances are in the trash can.

• No the mage spirit is not necessery evil its simply broken. Whats the point of pvp when i wil die becouse somone was able to friez me first and i can have the best eq and manual skills in game but i can do shit becouse im chain friezed.

We need some more possibility to slow in pvp like criple, but not friez that holds you in place and block healing

@Clavicus said:
    lethal strike which is very unreliable considering hit chances are in the trash can.

Lethal strike is a good tactis and its a move that is skill dependent, when you use it right you can do much dmg.
    Whats about hit chance - broken but i think mostly in pve.
    The problem is that its to easy to escape, you are able to get to the realm border you are 90% saved..............

But friez once = stay in place and no healing = so powerful
    chain friez = 4ever stay in place 4 ever dont get any haling = op as hell

• Mage spirit would be fine, if not the fact, that each spirit has separate freeze counter. There should be 1 freeze per 12 sec available no matter how many mages are attacking you. Now you have like: first freeze from mage nr 1 wears off - then mage nr 2 applies another freeze, then mage nr 3, nr 4 and after nr 4 wears off, mage nr 1 is ready to freeze you again. What is the point of pvp like that if you don't even have chance to defend yourself or fight back because of constant freeze on you?

I just hate that Spiritualisme is a most have in every build you make. Without it you suck.

If chain mage spirit was so OP all you would need to do is use mage spirit and kill everyone in game. Guess what? You need to be using combat arts in assocation with the mage spirit freeze to kill any high end player. Lets stop exaggerating and making it seem like mage spirits are the end all be all in pvp. In a 1v1 if I freeze you first you dont magically fall over and die or get pet chain stunned so you cant recover. In a group fight your teammates should be alleviating some of the pressure being put on someone with their own spirits. I'm not going to write an essay on how to pvp. I'll let you figure that out. Just look at the people calling for this. Each person has been jumped at one time or another and lost some charges on their coveted gear due to getting frozen. Im willing to bet the original reason zycor even posted about this was probably last dark king killing him and bignuts. Ego and tears drive all of his posts.

• @Clavicus said:

exactly... only thing u can do to stop someone from running and healing every 5 seconds..

• FOUNDER: DUKE

The REAL solution is make more moves that can serve that function mage spirit does so you got more options for CC.

Mage spirit may not be completely broken (if ya have high enough Spell Defiance the freeze don't last long), but if it's the only move ya got in the game to immobilize someone then obviously that's a competitive balance problem. Sure you don't NEED it to win a fight per se, but everyone and their mother uses mage spirit because why WOULDN'T you use it (besides patting yourself on the back for not needing it to win)? If it's the only reliable immobilization ability of any kind, and especially if it is from an ability that doesn't require you to change out your weapon to use it (which is my real beef with spiritualism), of COURSE you use it if you wanna stay ahead of the pack.

If you have other moves on other weapons that could immobilize someone reliably, you'd probably see less talk about mage spirits cause you'd see more people using other stuff. If you have other ways to mitigate or evade CC, you'd probably hear less about this cause then it's a sort of back and forth.

So don't nerf mage spirits, just give more options for both CC and countering CC.

There is no Mention of "Ice Resist" in this commentary.
    At what point should you be able to resist a freeze?
    *Mage Spirits - Freeze almost Everything - Players 100%,

• Timing the Mage spirits 2-5 secs apart allows for a HUGE stun duration

I agree, Spiritualism is a necessity - However, A HUGE amount of restructuring would have to be done to negate the skill:
    - 60% of the spells in spiritualism are useless, I.e. Healer Spirit, Warrior Spirit, Mage Spirit (which requires 90+ to have and good success on caasting)
    - Kamakazi Spirit, GTFO with most weapons dropping w/ AoE damage.

Im done - Could go on and on. I will not though being that game mechanics, blah blah blah, Interaction blah blah blah,.. Events/instances should be blah blah blah.

We were talking about this in ts3, decided to record it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwv_t5BcHBU

• Ghost scouts

• More consequences /risks

• Bless changes

• Targeting a player, and zone hopping

• Nameplates graying out

• Mage spirits

• The necessity for spirtualism

• Expanding the game

Ghost Scouts

Using a dead player to scout for other players. Should make it so you cannot see players or monsters while dead

Bless Scrolls/Risk Reward/ PVP competition

Right now people don't need to farm anymore, they have best in slot gear, and have no risk of losing it. Also with the rep changes, there's even further penalties for attacking these people. TO keep the game fresh, the economy bumping. You should have a higher /random chance of dropping artifacts. This will keep people farming, and will keep content going. Eventually what will happens is, player x will get full gear. And have nothing to do besides keep it blessed. Forever. There needs to be more risk, so gear is created and destroyed more often.

Zone Hopping

Should change it so nameplates update when changing zones, like in UO.

Mage Pets/Spiritualism

Right now spiritualism is a must for pve and pvp. It has great utility. Taming/Pet handling needs to be implemented to balance, or maybe a new skill tree. Mage pets, are pretty broken for pvp, there needs to be a cc immunity timer for stun. If you get mage frozen, you should be immune to stun for 10-20s.

Expanding the game

More content, more zones, more competitive scenarios for pvp. There are UO free shards out there with more content than this game. And they aren't asking for money.

• @zycor @Clavicus @Kapich @Vetro @Lichester @Crusader1 @Malacandra @PingPongLR something was actually done in the last patch for the "chain freezing" from spirit mages. See point 6 under "changes" in:

http://forums.linkrealms.com/topic/742/beta-update-patch-1-9-02-07-16

I noticed the change immediately. The freeze duration looks to be halved and from what I've experienced it takes 4 casts to freeze someone. Have fun trying to kill people with high end gear now ppl.

@Clavicus

Ignore armor, and or magery. Unless they wear a wand.

So your solution to kill ppl is for everyone to be a mage now because spell damage is ridiculous to the majority of the population because most ppl don't have close to max resist?

Solution is if it's a 1v1 u can always run, if it's group fighting u can always run, but someone might get picked. Won't just be "everyone spam mage spirit."

• @Clavicus said:

I noticed the change immediately. The freeze duration looks to be halved and from what I've experienced it takes 4 casts to freeze someone. Have fun trying to kill people with high end gear now ppl.

If you are referring to the Mage Spirit, neither of the two things you mentioned is true. The freeze time from his attacks is still 3 seconds. The only new difference is that once you unfreeze, you cannot be frozen again for 9 seconds, as explained in the patch news thread. And yes, this makes it so that having two Mage Spirits is pretty much useless now, which was intended. I suggest trying out the new Shock Phase (as soon as we fix it coff coff) and the much neglected stun tactic on Mauling weapons, or even the more common cripple tactic, which doesn't even have a post-hit cooldown.

• @Prometheus
    I agree! Awsome fix

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.