Beta Update - Patch 1.9 (02-07-16)

• ADDITIONS

1 - The game server now saves the data of all players, realms and items every hour. This new "runtime save" no longer requires all players to be disconnected, but just temporarily frozen. In the coming days we will be working to make runtime saves faster than they are now by cutting on some redundancy (players and realms that didn't get updated still being saved), with the aim to make the whole process last less than 10 seconds.

Please understand this change might cause unforeseen issues that only show up in a real game environment with several active players. We will do our best to get rid of all problems that may arise in a timely manner.

2 - The world of Syndesia now has two more gates, one located in the Red Forest and one in the Tropical Jungle. All gates are connected by the Stars Crossroad, a new safe realm. When the world is expanded and new gates are added, they will also be added to the Stars Crossroad.

3 - The Void Dungeon is being populated with four new monsters: the dreadful Overseer, the myserious Transcended Parasight, the enigmatic Nautilus the... hilarious Creep Walker. Each of those monsters features very unique AI and abilities. This addition will be live at next server restart.

CHANGES

1 - The formula that determines spell damage has been changed radically, as explained here. The base damage of a spell is now raised first a % of the Enlightenment skill, and then raised again by the sum of the bonuses from Wisdom and Spell Damage Increase. This change dramatically amplifies the power of Wisdom and Spell Damage Increase allowing players to create truly effective pure offensive mage builds.

2 - Different spells no longer receive the same bonus from Enlightenment. Instead, low level spells receive a small bonus (e.g. Wind Blast receives +50% at 100 Enlightenment), while high level spells receive a massive bonus (e.g. Lightning receives an incredible +220% at 100 Enlightenment). This allows new players to be more effective and experienced player to truly see the benefit of a high Enlightenment skill.

3 - The Shock Phase spell now only stacks 3 times. The first two hits deal the same damage (as any regular spell). The third hit deals double damage to players and quadruple damage to monsters, and stuns the victim for 2 + ESR seconds.

4 - Spell Defiance now only grants +20 to magical resistances at level 100 instead of +25.

5 - Being hidden and revealing oneself (e.g. because of picking up an item) or getting revealed (e.g. because hit by the Sorcery spell) triggers an 8 seconds cooldown before the Hiding skill can be used again.

6 - Getting frozen, either by a player spell or by other means (e.g. Spirit Mage) now triggers an immunity to freeze equal to the duration of the freeze * 4 seconds, calculated from the moment the freeze has been applied. Therefore, for instance, if you get frozen by a Spirit Mage for 3 seconds, you will be immune from freeze for 9 seconds after the ice has melted.

7 - Fields in Riverbank are being changed in preparation for the two upcoming new player dungeons, featuring new types of Goblin monsters.

BUG FIXES

1 - Fixed a bug that would make certain items being counted twice when being sold to Tailor vendors.

2 - Incorrect items removed from the Philosopher Stone artifacts drop list.

3 - New players can no longer use the button to reach their home realm or the Riverbank square when overweight.

4 - All spells freezing now correctly use the Spell Defiance of the victim instead of the one of the caster.

• how long will server be down?

• @Crusader1 said:

how long will server be down?

Only a few minutes more :)

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

the anticipation is killing me i just pulled my mocha out of the freezer its the perfect temperature for drinking/gaming!

• write faster! ararahrharh

• Cruel, haha.

• @Prometheus said:

In writing...

ADDITIONS

1 -

2 -

3 -

CHANGES

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

BUG FIXES

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

Lol, an hour later and look at everything that's written! JK :)

• Lets guess the new things in the patch.

I bet that one of the changes is that the skill gain system is changed, less gain in realms and more in dungeons.

On the additions I hope that they have put the chickens in the game, even if I doubt it.

i say mage changes are in some hit chance changes are in

• @Mxll said:

Lets guess the new things in the patch.

I bet that one of the changes is that the skill gain system is changed, less gain in realms and more in dungeons.

On the additions I hope that they have put the chickens in the game, even if I doubt it.

that would suck should be able to gain in ur realm..

• @Clavicus said:

i say mage changes are in some hit chance changes are in

ya can hope anyways

• @Crusader1 said:

@Mxll said:

You can still gain but its alot slower then it is now.

maybe the new server saves? that would be nice.. this server reset at 10pm est is killing me

• I hope so much that lizard maps got fixed...

• @Mxll said:

@Crusader1 said:

@Mxll said:

You can still gain but its alot slower then it is now.

ya i get there still ganna let u gain but skill gains inside realm or not are slow anyways.. why allow afk macroing in game but yet not really let u do it in ur realm.. just makes no sence to me.

• @Clavicus said:

maybe the new server saves? that would be nice.. this server reset at 10pm est is killing me

the server reseting 6x a day is killin me :P

paying 1k argents to bring server up my mocha is almost gone :(

the secure credit trading would be nice too.. if its the rep system i will be sad :(

• @leandro213 Now imagine the speed of their coding :D

Hmm, this has been a long few minutes :-)

Baby just fell asleep, lets get this up so I can play for an hour or two . . . . or send someone to my house to watch her if you would :-)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.