Blessing Scrolls

• Well, I said it already in another thread, but I think it should be in suggestions also. Blessing scrolls should protect each blessed equipment part in, let's say 95%, so there will still be 5% chance of losing something when dying. At least finally there would be a chance we can loot anything interesting from someone's corpse, other than some gold/bolts/heals/lockpicks...

• @Vetro said:

Well, I said it already in another thread, but I think it should be in suggestions also. Blessing scrolls should protect each blessed equipment part in, let's say 95%, so there will still be 5% chance of losing something when dying. At least finally there would be a chance we can loot anything interesting from someone's corpse, other than some gold/bolts/heals/lockpicks...

Changes will be made to bless scrolls in the next patch :)

• Really nice to hear that!

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus said:

e we can loot anything interesting from someone's corpse, other than some gold/bolts/heals/lockpicks...
    Changes will be made to bless scrolls in the next patch :)

Wtb more info, rare gear should be rare and risk to use.

It makes sense to lose gear in Darkfall because it's replaceable, yet still valuable to loot it from someone. In Linkrealms you can spend 100 hours trying to obtain a particular item. It will be really dumb if it just sits in players banks because there's a small chance of it being lost. It's already a high penalty to die and lose rare bless charges considering they are very difficult to obtain as well. That along with the last 10 killed list are high enough incentives for not getting killed and wanting to kill someone.

@Amnesiac said:

It makes sense to lose gear in Darkfall because it's replaceable, yet still valuable to loot it from someone. In Linkrealms you can spend 100 hours trying to obtain a particular item. It will be really dumb if it just sits in players banks because there's a small chance of it being lost. It's already a high penalty to die and lose rare bless charges considering they are very difficult to obtain as well. That along with the last 10 killed list are high enough incentives for not getting killed and wanting to kill someone.

bump

• @Amnesiac Rare scrolls are not so hard to get. And even if their drop chance will become lower, the result will be the same as you just said - "items will just sit in player's bank" if people will not be able to bless them. Anyway, what is the point in this game if everyone run around with blessed end game gear and you just can't take it from them at all? Open PvP with full loot should work like open PvP with full loot, even if there would be like 5% chance you still can lose your blessed eqiupment part. We got blessing scrolls, fine, but it just shoudn't protect our gear in 100%, because for now, PvP in this game is only about killing on sight and running forward, because in 98% of cases it is pointless to even open someone's corpse, since you won't find there anything, which is really worth of your attention.

@Vetro the result would be the same regardless in a high percentage of cases. hardly anyone would want to wear the item they farmed 10's of hours for if there is a chance to lose it. I would as well. Maybe that's lame of me, but I would rather have it as a trophy for my hours of work than to lose it because i died to maybe a situation I am not in control of.

@Amnesiac

IN darkfall I ruined people.

GPS

• @mochi yes, and that should be the price of full loot system pvp games people have to pay. You get amazing gear and you want to use it? Just do and risk it. If you don't, then keep it in bank forever/sell it to others and wear some mid game eq. Anyway, dying in this game is not so easy if you just run forward from someone + something like 5% chance that you lose something blessed when you die is really low.

@Vetro said:

@mochi yes, and that should be the price of full loot system pvp games people have to pay. You get amazing gear and you want to use it? Just do and risk it. If you don't, then keep it in bank forever/sell it to others and wear some mid game eq. Anyway, dying in this game is not so easy if you just run forward from someone + something like 5% chance that you lose something blessed when you die is really low.

I do understand, and part of me agrees. But until the game has reached a further point in development I believe that this topic should be held off on. Like the last patch for instance, where the sorc spell was 1 shooting everyone (Would cause a huge headache for devs and people wanting gear back from something that was broken etc)--and other various balancing and game breaking issues that are and continue to be topics of discussion. Implementing a system like this could be detrimental to the development of the game and community at THIS POINT IN TIME. But I believe such a system could work, no doubt.

Would you agree?

@Vetro
    I don't consider rare bless scrolls easy to obtain when I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 in 8 hours of playing. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. If I can't bless the bracelet that took me 50+ hours to obtain, I won't wear it. The result will be that I won't care about ever working to get something rare which equals less playing time for me. And when I do play I'd wear replaceable shit that wouldn't benefit you much when you loot me.

If they make it so you can only bless 1, 2 or 3 items, it won't be any better. I'd just have replaceable shit on the lootable slots. I've had plenty of excitement and reason to play by stealing people's dungeon runs and having our runs stolen, which in turn had the same result of a reward for the group who was victorious. If I lose an item that took many hours to obtain because of a 5% chance of it dropping, I'd probably stop playing.

Linkrealms' content is far superior to Darkfall because of the many rare items one can obtain. If this begins to be limited, it would basically be limiting content. Making items more abundant would also not help because keeping them rare is what adds content value.

• @Amnesiac I would agree with you if there will be much lower drop chance for rare gear... But for now, many of end game gear drops way too often. Example: I've spent 3h on golems and got 3x legs + 2x armor. Also I see a lot of people with blood talon nowadays (honestly almost every mauling user has it :|), when it should be one of the rarest items in this game. So if blessing scrolls should stay as it is now, rare gear drop chance should be rebalanced.

• Gear should definitely be dropped id even say all of it. If you do not want to lose it dont risk it. Its really dumb to just be able to roam around pvp in max gear yet not risking anything.

Talk of having gear drop is ridiculous frankly. It takes far too long to farm up good items to get zergd down by a bunch of scrubs and lose a piece or all of that hard earned work. I like the bless scroll system because it causes people to pve to get said scrolls which then creates conflict/pvp. My incentive for pvp is.. Pvp. It's fun. Getting a name on my list, stealing someones shit, and getting whatever random items they drop is all I need.

• @Clavicus Is that not the point of risking? Why even play this game lol id rather just play a newer game with no trade system if u just want to pvp in max gear and never risk anything. Ive seen so many people quite this game because of people roaming killing noobs in max gear. Last i remember these sandbox games are not ment to be softcore (cookies and rainbows). They might as well just let peoples gear not drop at this rate that way you dont lure people in wasting there time. No thrill, No risk, Waist of time.

@Vetro said:

@Amnesiac I would agree with you if there will be much lower drop chance for rare gear... But for now, many of end game gear drops way too often. Example: I've spent 3h on golems and got 3x legs + 2x armor. Also I see a lot of people with blood talon nowadays (honestly almost every mauling user has it :|), when it should be one of the rarest items in this game. So if blessing scrolls should stay as it is now, rare gear drop chance should be rebalanced.

Agreed. I feel like many blood talons were handed out as "replacements" when the person receiving it never got it in the first place.

• @Amnesiac said:

Agreed. I feel like many blood talents were handed out as "replacements" when the person receiving it never got it in the first place.

Exactly. One day almost noone on the server knows how it looks like, then rollback happened, next day like 75% of mauling users roaming around with blood talons :|

• @Vetro said:

@Amnesiac said:

Agreed. I feel like many blood talents were handed out as "replacements" when the person receiving it never got it in the first place.

Exactly. One day almost noone on the server knows how it looks like, then rollback happened, next day like 75% of mauling users roaming around with blood talons :|

I got my blood talon from BW so it could be that the drop rate was raised? I dont know. Didn't realize how rare it was untill X-star told me.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

vetro and amnesiac are both right.

as we have been over already before Items in LR's can be very unique and rare to themselves, taking hours of farming to get. These items are miles harder to obtain in relation to say how you would obtain gear in darkfall. So yes, there needs to be a medium. Which is why i still stand by my original idea for blessings.

The problem with just throwing a random % of loosing an item is that it makes looting these "ultra rare" items completely arbitrary and the player looses control over choices he makes. Which is why i feel charges on bless scrolls should be significantly reduced AS WELL as a player may only have x number of blessed items EQUIPED at one time.

It still gives the player freedom. If he wants to be a pixel hugger, fine, at the price of wearing cheaper gear you dont care to loose. if hes feeling ballsy he may also throw on as many UNBLESSED uber items he wants at the risk of loosing it.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.