Understanding reflects and speed

• Armor A: Reflect Physical 5% Slash 10% Pierce 10% Crush 10%
    Armor B: Reflect Physical 10% Slash 5% Pierce 5% Crush 5%

which one passes more damage thru? Or are they equal?

Weapon A: Speed 40 Damage 10-20
    Weapon B: Speed 20 Damage 20-40

which one deals more damage per second? Or are they equal?

• @rhavin said:

Armor A: Reflect Physical 5% Slash 10% Pierce 10% Crush 10%
    Armor B: Reflect Physical 10% Slash 5% Pierce 5% Crush 5%

which one passes more damage thru? Or are they equal?

Weapon A: Speed 40 Damage 10-20
    Weapon B: Speed 20 Damage 20-40

which one deals more damage per second? Or are they equal?

Reflects send damage back, they don't prevent it from passing through. In fact, what is reflected is what has passed through. So for instance, if you receive an attack dealing 50 slash damage:

Armor A: you receive 50 * 0.9 = 45 damage, and send back 45 * 0.05 = 2 damage
    Armor B: you receive 50 * 0.95 = 47 damage, and send back 47 * 0.1 = 5 damage

The two weapons are equal, but then you have your agility, strength, mods, procs, etc to take into account. Have a look here:

http://wiki.linkrealms.com/view/Weapon_Damage_Calculation

• @Prometheus

Armor B: you receive 50 * 0.95 = 47 damage, and send back 47 * 0.1 = 5 damage

So do I finally get 47 damage or do i get 47-5=42 damage, which sounds more logical (Σ of all forces = 0) to me?

• @rhavin You take 47, and the attacker then gets hit for 5 damage.

• Related...

I'm wondering how % damage works... Please correct me if I'm wrong. Work out the difference (increase) between the two numbers you are comparing?

Then divide this by the original number, then multiply that by 100 to get the damage increase value?

• Your % of damage reflect does a % of the damage you take. It's a useless mod that does next to nothing.

• @Prometheus woudnt it be much more usefull (and logical) if it would REFLECT the damage instead of somehow doubling it?:

Reflect Phy 10%, pierce 10%, damage done 100 pierce -> 100 * 0.9 = 90 so 81 taken, 9 reflected back, probably ignoring armor? Then it would be a very usefull mod!

• @rhavin said:

@Prometheus woudnt it be much more usefull (and logical) if it would REFLECT the damage instead of somehow doubling it?:

Reflect Phy 10%, pierce 10%, damage done 100 pierce -> 100 * 0.9 = 90 so 81 taken, 9 reflected back, probably ignoring armor? Then it would be a very usefull mod!

In one of the upcoming patches, we will change it so that damage reflected to the attacker is a % of the original damage dealt by the attacker, not reduced by the victim's resistances. This will make reflect modifiers an effective tool to deal damage to your attackers - but they still won't be defensive tools, since they are not meant to.

• @Prometheus I dig it up a bit, but I am wondering - does damage reflection has some kind of cap? Or it is possible to stack it up to 100% on physical reflection and 100% on magic reflection?

• @Vetro xstar once told me he had 97% reflect physical on a mage alt.

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

@Abb i wouldn't trust anything that a Holya Minion says (x-star is a holya minion e.g. zergling)

• @Abb low fame random drops have a chance to get 10%+ physical reflect as one of the modifiers, it's super easy to get 100%+. If you really wanted to go all out you could get the porc hammer+thorn set in a day or two resulting in at least 160% physical reflect.

It's bad though. Everybody's running around with 70/70/70 resistances, so with 160% reflect your real world reflect is 14.4%, and that's assuming it doesn't cap at some point as Vetro suggested. It could work better in PVE vs. some mobs that have high damage/low armor, however.

• @Holya said in Understanding reflects and speed:

It's bad though. Everybody's running around with 70/70/70 resistances, so with 160% reflect your real world reflect is 14.4%, and that's assuming it doesn't cap at some point as Vetro suggested. It could work better in PVE vs. some mobs that have high damage/low armor, however.

Depends if this "In one of the upcoming patches, we will change it so that damage reflected to the attacker is a % of the original damage dealt by the attacker, not reduced by the victim's resistances." will be implemented into the game. (Unless it will get reduced after reflection by the attacker's resistances - then it is still useless...)

• In one of the upcoming patches, we will change it so that damage reflected to the attacker is a % of the original damage dealt by the attacker, not reduced by the victim's resistances. This will make reflect modifiers an effective tool to deal damage to your attackers - but they still won't be defensive tools, since they are not meant to.

I tried to convince you how bad Reflect Damage was like 2 years ago...

• There will have to be a cap if reflect ignores armor, otherwise it would instantly become the best. Lol

• With my random pick ups I could pretty easily make 50-60% reflect physical.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.