Winter Beta End (February 29th)

• Hi everyone,

as many of you must have noticed, we haven’t allowed new players into the Winter Beta and haven’t promoted Linkrealms for a couple weeks now, letting the server population dwindle considerably. The reason of this choice is that the time of the Winter Beta has run out. The game server will be shut down on Monday, 4am EST, until the launch of Linkrealms on Steam Early Access.

This testing phase has been the longest one so far, and we have managed to gather an impressive amount of invaluable feedback from you. Our bug fixes and balancing tweaks list is longer than ever, and it’s time for the Mythyn Interactive team to focus 100% on making Linkrealms polished for its great Steam Early Access launch!

Below you can find additional information about what’s going to happen next.

What is going to happen to our accounts and characters?

Nothing! When the game is launched on Steam Early Access, you will be able to play with your current account and find your characters exactly as you left them.

When will the Early Access launch take place?

It will happen in May – a very short time, just like the one between the Fall Beta and the Winter Beta! The exact day will be announced as soon as possible.

UPDATE

The launch day has been announced! Check out the official FAQ thread for the Steam Early Access Beta!

Will the servers be always open then?

Yes, they will. You’ll be able to play 24/7 until the release of the game, besides during patches, maintenance, and other exceptional occasions. This doesn’t mean however that it will always be possible to buy access to the game: we might restrict that for some periods of time, even extended ones.

What do we do in the meantime?

If you have purchased a Prince Founder Pack, you can keep playing on the Test Server. Otherwise, keep following the forums and our social pages to be always up to date with the development of Linkrealms!

What new additions and changes should we expect on Steam Early Access?

In short: a new game UI, rooster pets, a reputation system for the PvP server, and a ton of bug fixes and PvP balancing tweaks. Check out the Roadmap for more information!

Will there be a PvE server on Steam Early Access?

Yes, there will. In the PvE server, unrestricted PvP will be possible only in the area of Mount Viscous and in the Stone Abyss dungeon, and item drop will be restricted to consumables and resources. All characters, bank accounts, realm items and credits from the old PvE beta server (also known as “Mythyn”) will be moved to the new PvE server.

Will character transfers between servers be possible?

As stated many times, they won’t, neither from the PvE to the PvP server nor the other way around. Please don’t bother asking!

Will server population be higher on Steam Early Access?

Yes, we expect it to be considerably higher. We will however put a cap on how many concurrent user will be able play on each game server to avoid overcrowding the world. If needed, we can quickly deploy a new game server in only a couple days.

See you all soon and enjoy Linkrealms!

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

Just to confirm; time sensitive items will essentially be put on pause correct? (spawners/claim stake)

• Just to confirm: you can't transfer character from current server to new PvE server after entering steam EA, right? I hope not tho.

• You mentioned in another post about an update patch today. What time will that be?

• Beter release this huge path during beta , knowing life it will be so manybugs to repair, and this will sux having a bad start with steam

• @Kapich said:

Beter release this huge path during beta , knowing life it will be so manybugs to repair, and this will sux having a bad start with steam

100% agreed.

• @Vetro the only transfer I was talking about is from the old PvE server (which has been closed for almost one year) to the new PvE server. You can also see it the other way around - we will give the new world and features to the old server. That's all.

@Kapich the upcoming one is not a big patch really.

• I don't think it's a good idea transfering the old chars to the new PvE server. It would bring in so many outdated items the game, not to mention unbalanced gear.

• @Roundwaters said:

I don't think it's a good idea transfering the old chars to the new PvE server. It would bring in so many outdated items the game, not to mention unbalanced gear.

And again 100% agree,

Is there a reason why the PvE server cannot be a fresh start for every single character at Steam release?

@Sicarii becuse back when it was pve server only we were told our characters would never be deleted/progress lost. i spent as well as others a ton of time playing and spending money on the item shop. you cant promise one thing and do another. with that being said it doesnt make sense why a one time transfer wouldnt be allowed. all of those characters are at disadvantage because some skills werent in and resists were a lot different back then (ie most of our gear is trash). some people played after the changes but it was probably 10 people? hell i bet even my artifacts from back then are shit... i had a blood talon when it was nowhere near as good as it is now.. i doubt they updated the existing ones.

Ahh, I see, it makes more sense now.

I agree w/ Clavicis - Well put.

@Developers Prometheus : Will the Same map's be used for the pvp/pve server?

• I've got melee weapons on the old server with an AOE range of 5 or more. Fun to use, but it really makes no sense.

Seems odd winter beta is ending and the server isnt stable/not saving right/log in not working.

• @Kapich said:

Beter release this huge path during beta , knowing life it will be so manybugs to repair, and this will sux having a bad start with steam

@Prometheus said:

@Kapich the upcoming one is not a big patch really.

Kapich is new game's prophet. All praise him now and make tributes!

• If Steamers get a hold of this game in their jaws its all going to hit the fan pretty fast. I can just hear them now, "Games been in beta since what? 7 years ago and you still have these hamster wheel servers that fail to save?" Oh lord, here we go. Please reconsider extending the beta or what not to hammer out these issues. Well that or let the prince accounts figure it out all for you on the test servers?

• @Dkuang said:

If Steamers get a hold of this game in their jaws its all going to hit the fan pretty fast. I can just hear them now, "Games been in beta since what? 7 years ago and you still have these hamster wheel servers that fail to save?" Oh lord, here we go. Please reconsider extending the beta or what not to hammer out these issues. Well that or let the prince accounts figure it out all for you on the test servers?

You know what is the best part of it? We didn't have such problems in previous betas. Maybe 1-2 rollbacks in total happened for all the betas we had before winter beta :|

• @vetro so I hear so i hear, but here is now and its happening WAY to often. Surely I hope something gets fixed between now and EA on Steam.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.