Combat maneuvers/general combat complexity

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Hey there, I haven't played yet, just found out about this game yesterday, it looks great and has a lot of features that I really like. But I'm wondering about the complexity of combat. From the videos I've seen, it looks pretty hack and slash, which is all right, combat mechanics don't necessarily have to be hitting 20 different buttons to be challenging, and targeting looks to be difficult which is good, though I'm wondering about combat maneuvers. So with magic you have a spellbook, that looks like a bunch of choices you can make strategically, which is great, but when you're fighting with melee weapons, there doesn't appear to be too much going on in some of the videos I've watched. Are those people newbs or is there more to it than that? I've read about combat maneuvers and the wiki says that they need to be activated by the player. Is this a willful activation like hitting a specific key to use them, or does it happen automatically at random? How does that work?

I suppose I'll find out in a month anyway since I already purchased a founder pack, but it would be nice to know how it works now

Okay so I answered my own question with a non-newb video, yes you do get to select different tactics, I like that. Can you macro them?

you can actually set hotkeys for them ingame

Well that's completely brilliant :D Thanks for the answer.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.