Linkrealms Community Event Ideas!

As our release for Steam Early Access approaches, we thought it would be a great idea to gather some ideas from the community on what sort of events you would like to see in Linkrealms. These events are ones that will be hosted by a Community Manager or Game Master. When coming up with event ideas, keep in mind that they need to be fair for all players to take part in but most importantly fun for everyone.

There could be different types of events ranging from large scale planned out events, to smaller on the spot events that do not require a forum announcement or set date. Keep in mind that all rewards given from events should be worth competing for but do not give an unfair advantage over everyone else.

That brings us to rewards. What type of rewards would you like to see given out in events? Materials, Supplies?..or perhaps full loot of an open world Boss? Let us know what you think and post your ideas below!

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

**GREAT IDEA :)
    I think a great event would be a treasure hunt for all the players, of course in areas so new players can enjoy it also.
    Rewards could be materials, and if it's a big event like killing the worlds meanest boss, then maybe argents. Maybe once
    in a while have a event for a nice piece of armor or a wep. :) Thanks Pain for starting this .

• Here are a few ideas that I have.

Have an event like double exp or something. This would help a lot of new players get up to speed with others who have maxed characters. Another idea, have a custom raid event where you have to fight multiple bosses, make this extremely challenging and only possible with a lot of people who are willing to band up. Lastly make these bosses have a higher drop rate than usual :)

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

I think it would be fun to have 1 boss with lots of hp so that everyone has to work together. as for rewards i am not sure.

Maybe random npcs scattered around the world to do random quest. Example one wants you to gather so many flowers for an item like say 5 sheets of cloth, leather, high amount of seeds would help cuz the vendors never carry more then 20 seeds.

@Aries said:

Maybe random npcs scattered around the world to do random quest. Example one wants you to gather so many flowers for an item like say 5 sheets of cloth, leather, high amount of seeds would help cuz the vendors never carry more then 20 seeds.

@Aries Great idea, however in this particular thread we are looking for ideas that involve our staff engaging with the community.

This post is deleted!

• Would love to see an "invasion" type event like UO had with the undead, when they spawned undead mobs with the leaders being liches/archliches controlled by the gm's that actually talked and teased players to attack them. Gm's could probably control exalted mobs in town or outside with other minion spawns around them? Or maybe even boss monsters? As for loot tables, could be the same as exalted and boss monsters with maybe an additional vanity item thats new due to Steam Early Access? Or even a vanity item only available during such events? :D

@Xhodan I don't want to be a downer, but getting exp for skills is easy enough in LR and last thing we need is a zerg of 2x exp events, which I always find gimmicky and just ruins the whole "play the game" idea. Enough people just log in to macro as it is.

@Dkuang said:

Would love to see an "invasion" type event like UO had with the undead, when they spawned undead mobs with the leaders being liches/archliches controlled by the gm's that actually talked and teased players to attack them.

Probably one of the funnest events Ive ever taken part in and this was back in 2000?

Dungeon crawling events would be fun too although there really arent any dungeons in LR yet like covetous etc.

Events are hard to do on the PVP side of things as Im sure the devs noticed in the fall beta ending. Not many people have the desire to work together.

• @Clavicus yeah I believe it was 2000, was having a blast of it in Trinsic slaying the undead and trying to chase down the gm controlled liches. Phat loots and fun to be had by all.

As for dungeon events, I feel it would be hard for everyone to participate in especially "younger" characters? As for events on a pvp server, with the rep system up, I think it should be easier for people to work together and not wanting to kill everyone. Least if you decide to clear the "noobs" from the event spawn, you'd just have to take a grey tag or rep loss in return for monopolizing the spawn? Either or, it would be ok in my book to have world boss spawns running about.

Why don't you guys redo a fort demise thing where one month to one winner you can offer any game item no matter how big or small the item might be. You could even offer cash shop items too. The judges obviously you guy's. The pvp server just see who can duke it out and survive the longest. The pve server a monster battle royal

I've never been a fan of events organized by GMs. This is actually what killed UO for me. They went into the direction of allowing GM run events instead of having the developers create them through game code. The creativity was weak with most GMs and the rewards got rediculous. Rare items were no longer rare. and certain players received favoritism. In Datkfall I watched an event completely destroy the economy and the game never recovered from it.

• FOUNDER: DUKE

@Amnesiac

blood ritual?... :)
    (wasnt GM nvm). Im curious. Unless your talking about UHW

@Angeleyes
    Kraken event. You're right, it wasn't GM event. But it was the same concept. The mobs were dropping too high of rewards that one alliance benefited from. The next day our alliance went to do it and the rewards were significantly lowered.

But yeah UHW

• Well GMs can handle halloween, xmas, valentines etc events.

Halloween is proabably the good old usuall, monsters invade a city(I think the best would be ravenfest) and its all pew pew pew monsters get harder as time goes on. a boss monster at the end. How to give out rewards for this is tricky tho. some items that never ever will be released in the game is ofc what we all want so we can get rare collecting going. did X dmg to the finall boss? you get 1 lottery ticket(automaticly, blessed ofc on the pve server) and then the gm say what ticket won or something like that.

• Easter Egg hunt. Trade in your eggs after for stuff from an NPC.

There are Easter Eggs in the game, and Easter is coming..

well.. whe can have alot of type event.

ppls comon like dungeons.

diferent bosses diferent drops. prizes for all.

other thing about idea is mana potions for mages to. psy potion to regem and well all with cooldown. same at eat drink a hp.

other idea is areas free for all. u join with some statue or npc and wait someone enter.

well for 1x1..

alot ideas from brs well.

hail Br guild.

lament to not be prince to participate of test.

see you

ItaloBr

other thing is daly event some area not pvp in x in x time spawn some diferent bosses to ppls can play together too out duels XD well

some other idea . is a arena of week. who get 1rd glow char; 2rd some diferent buf durable x days. of the arena to restart.

well have alot ideas

hail br

@ItaloBrasil said:

other thing is daly event some area not pvp in x in x time spawn some diferent bosses to ppls can play together too out duels XD well

some other idea . is a arena of week. who get 1rd glow char; 2rd some diferent buf durable x days. of the arena to restart.

well have alot ideas

hail br

Give this guy the chair

what u mean talking giving this guy the chair?

@Amnesiac =x

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.