IMPORTANT: How to avoid "FastMM has detected a GetMem call after FastMM was uninstalled" error

• Hi everyone,

after the latest patch, we've been receiving reports that some of you are experiencing this error while trying to launch the client after reading the "patch news" page.

As temporary solution to get past it, please launch the client by double-clicking the "LinkRealms.exe" file in your Linkrealms installation folder. You'll get a warning that the client might not work if not patched correctly - you can ignore it, since your client is already fully patched.

We are working on properly solving the issue, which is however tricky since we cannot reproduce it on our machines, not in development nor in production environment. It would be therefore extremely helpful for us if you could tell us more about:

• When you are getting this issue exactly
    • If the proposed temporary solution is working for you
    • What Windows version are you running and what are your CPU and GPU models

Thank you a lot and sorry for the inconvenience.

UPDATE

It seems some of you are also getting a wrong username / password error. This happens if your client is not fully patched due to some of the new security measures implemented. Before using the temporary solution suggested above, please run the game normally and complete the patching process in full. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Prometheus

• i have done that but now i can t log in anymore.... it says invalid user name and password and i reset my password once but nothing happens i am out :(

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Dreworok said:

i have done that but now i can t log in anymore.... it says invalid user name and password and i reset my password once but nothing happens i am out :(

It said my username and password was also invalid but I have never changed mine and could log into test fine. However on my main pc i didn t have that fastmm error. I was able to reset my password and can login on my main pc.

• i use windows 10 maybe that is the problem... i once played another game that with w8 was working but with windows 10 i couldnt play with it...

I use windows 7

• @Dreworok @Clavicus I've updated the post, please have a look!

• windows 7 is better than win 10 i think... more stable...

• fully patched... but still doesnt work... invalid username and psw

• I launched it using the game's exe and it worked no problem. I'm using Windows 10 right now, my friend that's also encountering the problem uses Windows 8.1 if I'm correct. My CPU and GPU are both from AMD. I had no problems logging in either.

Ok so on my second PC i was able to go in and use the file u said to open the client successfully and log ingame (no fastmm message). Using my normal desktop icon to load in after i click start linkrealms from the patch notes screen i get the fast mm message. I have windows 10 and intel i7-4510 and vid card i guess is just an intel hd graphics family? its a laptop

@Prometheus My game is definetly fully patched on all my pcs and all 3 had this same issue. (invalid user/pw)

The game also seems to be pretty choppy

• it seems that no open weekend will be available for me... let's hope it will be available in the steam realese...

• my username and psw are correct ... i have just uploaded a map of "my"realm in the game...

• @Clavicus said:

@Prometheus My game is definetly fully patched on all my pcs and all 3 had this same issue. (invalid user/pw)

You are telling me it's working now on all your 3 PCs after you have reset the password?

@Dreworok the issue is on our side. We'll try to find out what is wrong for you and allow you to login!

• thank u i hope to be on link realm with its community back again :)

• Hello,i reseted my passwword and i trayed launch game yust from linrealms.exe and from update,but nothing works,am getting incorrect username/passwor message,and i can log in into mian website in my account,but not in game,am using dual graphic cards intel/amd on my laptop windows 8.1 64 bit.

• @Prometheus ahem ,,, it was my fault i wrote everytime a wrong username and psw now i have changed oops :) ty anyway

• Hey ya.. I was having the same issue, I uninstalled twice to no avail. But then I followed the steps above by clicking on the LinkRealms.exe. Game has worked fine since.. I am seeing the "two steps forward, one step back lag" as well. so I thought I would share that I am running windows 10 and connecting from Ohio.

If any other info is needed, let us know. I understand its a test weekend.. Not been on the game long, but its fun so far!

@Prometheus said:

@Clavicus said:

You are telling me it's working now on all your 3 PCs after you have reset the password?

@Dreworok the issue is on our side. We'll try to find out what is wrong for you and allow you to login!

Im saying that I was able to use the workaround to be able to play however I had to reset my pw on 2 of my accounts to play. I havent been able to successfully login on my 3rd account after resetting the pw because it still says my stuff is invalid.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.