Release day

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

What's the release date for steam. I can't remember or wait till I can finally get on my original character :D

• Not trying to be a dick, but has anyone tested the original server lately?

There's been some changes to the core game. Are old characters still going to be compatible? Are those old items going to crash the game?

@Roundwaters said:

Not trying to be a dick, but has anyone tested the original server lately?

There's been some changes to the core game. Are old characters still going to be compatible? Are those old items going to crash the game?

I've asked this several times and I get no response. I have even asked for them to open it so we could test it before steam release and got no response

@Aries

The server will crash any time Brutal tries to login.

@Amnesiac said:

@Aries

The server will crash any time Brutal tries to login.

I think he got fixed. Before the pve server closed the armor rework was in its mid stage or early stage. I know either way he's gonna hit the roof

@Amnesiac that's probably why he hasn't played in so long honestly. I've haven't heard from him on Skype or icq in awhile

@Aries said:

What's the release date for steam. I can't remember or wait till I can finally get on my original character :D

We have not released an official date yet, however we are aiming toward early April.

@Roundwaters said:

Not trying to be a dick, but has anyone tested the original server lately?

Are you talking about the original PvE Server? That's a good question, however it's not something I can answer unfortunately. Perhaps @Prometheus can answer your question.

• @Roundwaters @Aries the next open weekend, starting this Friday, will be run with both servers, the PvP one and the old Mythyn as PvE server, with the new world and all. The announcement with all details will be uploaded later today.

You probably don't recall it, but the new item generation system was patched a month before Mythyn was closed. Together with it, we updated existing items to make sense with the current system. This had two consequences:

• Artifacts all acquired the completely new properties, so your Blood Talon there is exactly as the Blood Talon on the PvP server.
    • Normal items (looted and crafted) have lost the properties they cannot have anymore and properties from the old material system. This was a rough update which couldn't have done better than we did it.

So, to recap:

• All old items are consistent with the new systems.
    • Your old great artifacts are still great.
    • Your old great items are probably no longer great, but might be still decent.
    • All the old buggy, nonsensically powerful items don't exist anymore (or better, they still exist but their properties have been brought down to the current caps or removed).

I hope this answers your questions, let me know if you have any doubt. @Clavicus @Amnesiac I recall you asked as well.

Sounds like a lot of our is pretty much trash now... Won't be hard to gain it back just really tedious work. Any ways thanks for the response can't wait to see it.
    @Prometheus will it have same map and will our realms have the same amount of days on it when it closed down. That should cover feature questions

• @Aries said:

Sounds like a lot of our is pretty much trash now... Won't be hard to gain it back just really tedious work. Any ways thanks for the response can't wait to see it.
    @Prometheus will it have same map and will our realms have the same amount of days on it when it closed down. That should cover feature questions

As written in the FAQ, there is now one map only, the one used in the PvP server. All claimed realms have been moved close to Riverbank - you can find yours with the Go Home button. You'll have to re-upload your map of course. Realm days will be more than the ones you left :)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.