Safe (PvE) Server - FAQ

• Hi everyone,

here’s a short post for you with the most important information you need to know about the new beta server using the Safe (PvE) ruleset, which will be available from the start of the next Open Weekend.

What are the details of this ruleset?

• Within most of the world it's not possible to attack other players. PvP is free-for-all only in the Stone Abyss dungeon and in the area of Mount Viscous, including the dungeon Tartaros there located.
    • There are no bless scrolls, since item drop is limited to consumables and resources only (foods, drinks, argents, lockpicks, leathers, clothes, etc). Equipment items never drop.
    • Crops in realms can be secured.
    • There are loot rights on the corpses of slain monsters.

Is this new server a fresh start for everyone?

It isn't. Veteran testers who have been playing on the Mythyn beta server, which has been closed over one year ago, will have their old characters and items.

Won't this decision bring imbalance to the server?

The Safe server is an environment that stresses positive cooperation over hostile competition. Yes, veterans will have quit of a head start, but we believe this won't affect new players much as PvP can (almost) totally be avoided on the Safe server. Plus, all old items have been updated to be consistent with the new generation rules.

What did the item update involve exactly?

If you are a veteran player from the Mythyn server, you should know the new item generation system was patched over one year ago, before Mythyn was closed. Together with the new system, existing items were updated to be consistent with the current system. This had two consequences:

• All artifacts have acquired the new properties they have today. Since artifacts have fixed properties, every time we change the properties one type is generated with we can easily update all the existing ones of that type as well.
    • Normal items (looted and crafted), which have variable properties, have lost the modifiers and resistances they cannot have anymore because they would be too many or because they would be above current caps. This means all the old buggy, nonsensically powerful items don't exist anymore (or better, they still exist but their properties have been brought down or removed).

Will the server use the old Mythyn world?

Nope, the old world is gone for good. The server we are opening now is really the same as the current one, aside from the ruleset and the fact veteran players will have their characters and items ported from the old server.

Will realm ownership days left from the old server be as they were for veteran players?

We are confident we'll manage to preserve most of them. If not, veteran players who used to own a realm will be refunded with claim stakes sent to their banks.

Will character transfers from the Standard server and vice-versa be possible? Maybe just a one-time exception for veteran players?

They won't, sorry, not even as a one-time exception.

Thank you all for your attention and enjoy the Safe server!

• So what will happen with all the characters on the now closed beta server?

Will those characters also be moved to the safe server?

I worked hard doing... various things... I dont want to lose it all :(

• @Mxll said:

So what will happen with all the characters on the now closed beta server?

Will those characters also be moved to the safe server?

I worked hard doing... various things... I dont want to lose it all :(

The other server we have been using so far with the Standard (PvP) ruleset won't be affected in any way. There will be a PvE and a PvP server, completely separate.

• @Prometheus said:

so there will be no chance to move our characters from the PVP server into the PVE server?

Well I guess the topic kinda explain this so.. well I guess it was fun playing but if my character is stuck on the PVP server I might just not pay at all :/ edit: Well would it be possible to transfer my credit bought items into the PVE server? As in removing them from the PVP server and just moving them into one of the PVE characters?

• @Mxll said:

@Prometheus said:

so there will be no chance to move our characters from the PVP server into the PVE server?

Well I guess the topic kinda explain this so.. well I guess it was fun playing but if my character is stuck on the PVP server I might just not pay at all :/ edit: Well would it be possible to transfer my credit bought items into the PVE server? As in removing them from the PVP server and just moving them into one of the PVE characters?

Sorry but that's also not possible, first of all for technical reasons. However, at least the credits you still have will be shared between servers.

• @Prometheus well thats good I guess, but wouldent it be an easy fix to just return the credit items to some GM that then give me back the credits to my account so I can rebuy it on the new server? Sure some item like the inventory stretcher might mean my character must be deleted but im sure you can handle it in some way. Im OK with restarting the game but it would just be... dull if all my bought stuff are stuck on another server I will never ever use.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus Will there still be guides on pve server?

• @Mxll such process would be too cumbersome for game masters, if allowed for one player we would have to allow it for everyone. Plus, premium items can be consumed, half used... This would have to be checked out too. I'm sorry but it won't be possible :(

@Aries nope, they will no longer exist.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.