Beta Update - Patch 1.9.6 (04-07-16)

• Hi everyone,

this patch contains assets for the upcoming launch of Linkrealms on Steam Early Access and marks the start of the Great Sorcery Overhaul.

What is this Great Sorcery Overhaul about? In brief:

• Removal of the Enlightenment skill.
    • Introduction of 5 new skills linked to 5 Arcane Schools: Abjuration, Alteration, Invocation, Illusionism, Conjuration.
    • Addition of tenths of new spells and assignment of all existing ones to one of the 5 schools.
    • Rebalancing of almost all Sorcery spells.
    • Introduction of new types of Crowd Control, and rebalancing of the existing ones.
    • Implementation of unarmed combat through the Martial Arts skill and staff-free spellcasting.

All the skills mentioned above have already been introduced in this patch and can be seen in the Paperdoll, although they aren't functioning yet.

A full description of the Great Sorcery Overhaul will be disclosed soon. The official Linkrealms wiki will be updated day by day with the new changes being implemented.

Below are listed some of the main changes already working in this patch.

ADDITIONS

1 - The Goblin Dungeon in Riverbank has been added and is functional. More quests and creatures related to it will be added in the next patch.

CHANGES

1 - Sorcery spells changed: Fire Field, Ethereal Wall, Crystalline Wall, Glacial Wind, Frost Blast, Death Shard, Shock Phase, Noxious Plague.

2 - Damage and special effects from Sorcery spells using projectiles are now applied when the projectile actually reaches the victim instead of when the spell is cast. This allows the target to enact possible counter moves, which are a crucial part of the upcoming Abjuration school.

3 - Chill, Freeze and Burn effects have been tweaked. The latter has undergone the most significant changes, which will be documented in the next wiki update.

• Now THAT is a great update :)

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

It seems like it would be helpful for us to test this type of change up until the steam release.

• Hay @Prometheus I'm Australian, so I've really terrible ping. This update is a little disconcerting to me, at least on paper. My range is effectively limited to half on screen, and I've a poor reaction time of at least like 400ms network + 200ms brain. Could you give some insight as to what the reaction based counters are to mages?

• @Myhal glad to make a mage happy!

@Amnesiac we definitely have to focus all our resources on development until the Steam release. We will patch the client as often as possible and push the changes to the Test Server for Princes tho.

@Holya spells of the Abjuration school can perform spell negation, absorption, reflection... The weakest ones will be very quick to cast, but I'm afraid with such a high ping it's not going to be easy. Once on Steam if demand is high enough we can could add an Oceania server.

@Prometheus said:

Hi everyone,

this patch contains assets for the upcoming launch of Linkrealms on Steam Early Access and marks the start of the Great Sorcery Overhaul.

What is this Great Sorcery Overhaul about? In brief:

• Removal of the Enlightenment skill.
    • Introduction of 5 new skills linked to 5 Arcane Schools: Abjuration, Alteration, Invocation, Illusionism, Conjuration.
    • Addition of tenths of new spells and assignment of all existing ones to one of the 5 schools.
    • Rebalancing of almost all Sorcery spells.
    • Introduction of new types of Crowd Control, and rebalancing of the existing ones.
    • Implementation of unarmed combat through the Martial Arts skill and staff-free spellcasting.

All the skills mentioned above have already been introduced in this patch and can be seen in the Paperdoll, although they aren't functioning yet.

A full description of the Great Sorcery Overhaul will be disclosed soon. The official Linkrealms wiki will be updated day by day with the new changes being implemented.

Below are listed some of the main changes already working in this patch.

ADDITIONS

1 - The Goblin Dungeon in Riverbank has been added and is functional. More quests and creatures related to it will be added in the next patch.

CHANGES

1 - Sorcery spells changed: Fire Field, Ethereal Wall, Crystalline Wall, Glacial Wind, Frost Blast, Death Shard, Shock Phase, Noxious Plague.

2 - Damage and special effects from Sorcery spells using projectiles are now applied when the projectile actually reaches the victim instead of when the spell is cast. This allows the target to enact possible counter moves, which are a crucial part of the upcoming Abjuration school.

3 - Chill, Freeze and Burn effects have been tweaked. The latter has undergone the most significant changes, which will be documented in the next wiki update.

This update though! :D It's going to be awesome can't wait to see what this all has in store!! Love this game! :D <3

Seems like a cool update I'll have to check sorcery in game. My concern now is what about melee/ archery anything in the works? They get 3 to 4 weapons skills on the weapon they have with 0 flexibility besides switching weapons which is tedious.

• really loving the game so far!

Thank you for all your hard work,. You're doing an amazing job tending to the server.. and I'm soo excited for the large influx of players that will hit our server in the up and comming days, with the steam release.
    I've had alot of internet problems, I'm glad to have it fixed , just in time for some epici gameplay 8)

• @Clavicus said:

Seems like a cool update I'll have to check sorcery in game. My concern now is what about melee/ archery anything in the works? They get 3 to 4 weapons skills on the weapon they have with 0 flexibility besides switching weapons which is tedious.

Nothing in the works as of now, but we have plans to implement a hotkey to allow you to switch weapons!

• @Prometheus I'm so ready to time resonating strikes, lethals and double strikes. oh yuzzz

• patch 1.9.9. is here ... just updated the client... waiting may to enjoy on LR!

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.