Disarm glitch/exploit

• I noticed that if you use a shortcut command to "Equip last weapon" after being disarmed it works right away, which makes disarming really pointless. Trying to equip a weapon from the inventory has a cooldown after being disarmed which makes perfect sense, but it can be bypassed really easily.
    I just wanted to note that since it messes up the balance a little bit. My regards, D.

Thank you for the report.

• I tested it out and it worked the same for both me and my wife, so it's not just a glitch that happens to me.
    I'm glad I could help, have a good day.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

When was this changed? I don't see a patch note for it. You have always been able to reequip a weapon immediately after being disarmedby macro or your inventory.

• @Clavicus said:

When was this changed? I don't see a patch note for it. You have always been able to reequip a weapon immediately after being disarmedby macro or your inventory.

It was changed... A couple of years ago. There is a cooldown before you can-re equip a weapon after disarm, and thanks @Deneb for finding out the bug!

@Prometheus kind of like spell defiance never gave.you ethereal resist but it actually did? You have through every one of the closed betas (I won't say back pre Phoenix because.who even played a warrior then?) Been able to reequip your weapon IMMEDIATELY via macro or inventory after being disarmed. Someone who actually plays the game cosign this.

@Prometheus
    The auto reequip has been working this way since I started playing in Fall Beta. While we're talking about disarm. Is a staff supposed to be immune to disarm? Because they can't be disarmed as of winter beta.

• @Amnesiac :p geeze, stop telling the noobies about our unfair advantages. I'm sure the devs already know about everything from the 2D bunny hopping to the psi-free summons.

• @Clavicus @Amnesiac apparently, the system has always been bugged when it came to the hotkey, but not for double-clicking in the inventory. Maybe you got deceived by the fact the no-re-equip time has always been 6 seconds only. Same story for staffs: it's never been possible to disarm them, and that's correct. Nothing of that code (I've just reviewed version control logs) has been touched since over 1 year ago. I could add I experienced it myself when fighting over the Beta phases - yeah, I've been around, and I've been fighting you and your Blood Talons too ;)

@Prometheus said:

@Clavicus @Amnesiac apparently, the system has always been bugged when it came to the hotkey, but not for double-clicking in the inventory. Maybe you got deceived by the fact the no-re-equip time has always been 6 seconds only. Same story for staffs: it's never been possible to disarm them, and that's correct. Nothing of that code (I've just reviewed version control logs) has been touched since over 1 year ago. I could add I experienced it myself when fighting over the Beta phases - yeah, I've been around, and I've been fighting you and your Blood Talons too ;)

the only question is how many times have i killed you. i will put it in an upcoming video. There is a cooldown when you use the disarm ability just not re equipping. Disarm is pretty op honestly. For a bit of stamina u get a 100% chance to hit someone which is really strong when you have several people focusing one person as opposed to precision shot which is just 1 person. wait.. prometheus = ldk!?!? trolololol

@Prometheus said:

@Clavicus @Amnesiac apparently, the system has always been bugged when it came to the hotkey, but not for double-clicking in the inventory. Maybe you got deceived by the fact the no-re-equip time has always been 6 seconds only. Same story for staffs: it's never been possible to disarm them, and that's correct. Nothing of that code (I've just reviewed version control logs) has been touched since over 1 year ago. I could add I experienced it myself when fighting over the Beta phases - yeah, I've been around, and I've been fighting you and your Blood Talons too ;)

Actually, it would totally make sense that Prometheus is Last Dark King :) He did not know how to reequip his weapon for the longest time. Please reference this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpbWyJUBlzk

@Amnesiac said:

@Prometheus said:

Actually, it would totally make sense that Prometheus is Last Dark King :) He did not know how to reequip his weapon for the longest time. Please reference this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpbWyJUBlzk

LOL. let us know if u need a guild. we dont ally ppl. i figured it out. you are that random mage i fought in the middle of nowhere i bet. although its a tad bit odd since u tried to zone over at the end of the world

• @Amnesiac ahah my normal "secret" character is definitely not a known community member. It's just a regular, well-equipped character played by a no longer skilled player - so yeah, I've had my ass handed to me by you two a couple times... And by half of the server too more or less :)

@Clavicus caught ;) Although I've been other people too. Told you I'm not skilled.. Can't even run and look at the map at the same time!

• @Amnesiac said:

@Prometheus said:

LOL man,nobody was using disarm so i never needed to hotkey it,but after that fight i sure did,and why in the world would u think am prom. that seriously lowers your IQ down,not sazing prom was bad skilled hack he even killd me once on pve server by draining my stamina and psi with crosbow.

• @Prometheus said:
    Maybe you got deceived by the fact the no-re-equip time has always been 6 seconds only.

Dont tell me that disarm will have 6 sec cd before reequiping a weapon ?
    Will be op as hell. Not able to defend and not able to deal damage,
    When hit by disarm it is possible to get another one from a diffirent player?

• @Kapich said:

@Prometheus said:
    Maybe you got deceived by the fact the no-re-equip time has always been 6 seconds only.

Dont tell me that disarm will have 6 sec cd before reequiping a weapon ?
    Will be op as hell. Not able to defend and not able to deal damage,
    When hit by disarm it is possible to get another one from a diffirent player?

I feel like I'm being trolled :) Just log in the game and get someone to disarm you, then try to equip a weapon by double-cliking on the inventory. You'll see that the 6-seconds cooldown exists already, it is "just" buggy because the hotkey can bypass it. And indeed, it's quite strong!

• @Prometheus
    I allways used hotkeys so i didnt noticed that. It is not strong it is OP. Prom you are a pvp player you can imagine this on your own :). Even now when you can use hotkeys to reequip a weapon after disarm when you get it during a combat sometimes you dont remember to do it - happened few times for me - also look on Dark Knight - he allways forget :). 6 sec in combat is eternity and then you can also be hit by spirit mage ^^

Dont turn pvp to - who will first disarm you will win.

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.