About Linkrealms features...

• FOUNDER: DUKE

Hi,
    I write here to show my worry about the payment system of the game
    I know game need money to substain itself, but i have the impression that all core features of linkrealms are "linked" to a "pay to enjoy" system
    Pet system is really interesting, but to be honest, if u don't pay its really hard to have a good breeding
    Realm system is scaring me, after the new claim stack of only 1 week.... Ppl who pay will have claim for months, while free players have to play EVERY week to pay their claim, forcing to be a hardcore player to remain a freeplayer, and more, during winter and summer season is REALLY IMPOSSIBLE that ppls can play all weeks, if just one wanna a week of holiday, he will lose probably his realm. I hope staff will consider other solution because 1 week only is too hard to keep up, a lot of ppl already decided to renounce that feature, due to this hard condition.
    Repair items need money to recover durability, so ppl can keep artifact always perfect...
    Even spawners need money to work and allow ppl to skill up their characters, and pls dont say me u can arrive at 100 in dungeons.... it need months, while ppls macroing with spawner can pk u easily ...

My suggest is to lower the pressure on core features and focus on other ones to get funds to keep up servers, like char slots, decorative items, or at least add the possibility to get "only real money" items even with game money, and pls, give us a 15 days claim, 1 week claim will kill the feature...

Hi @Meziljin, I understand your concern however I think you are a bit confused about how things are set up in our marketplace. Some of the items in our store can be obtained for free in-game you just have to look around a bit to find them. We are against pay to win models, everything in our store consists of mostly cosmetic items and will remain that way.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say "if u don't pay its really hard to have a good breeding", what is it you have to pay for exactly? Everything you need to breed a rooster with you can find in-game. As for the claim stakes, those are bought with argents or from our store, there's nothing holding you back or forcing you to spend real currency to keep your realm up.

I hope this cleared everything up, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Hi pain,
    tnx for answered me so soon
    well i don't think i'm so confused, sure there are a lot of cosmetic things, and sure i forget a lot of things, but if i'm not wrong paying my chicken will live forever, otherwise i have to get new ones before they die (restarting leveling of pet from begin, even with stronger features); about claims, u said nothing, and when u say "some of the items in our store can be obtained for free in-game", its true, but what cannot be obtained for free is really important for game experience.

I think its correct to say Linkrealms refused a Pay-to-win model, but simply because there is nothing to win, seems more a Pay-to-enjoy model, because i feel all main features have limitation, first of all the claim system imho

best regards

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Meziljin said:

Hi pain,
    well i don't think i'm so confused, sure there are a lot of cosmetic things, and sure i forget a lot of things, but if i'm not wrong paying my chicken will live forever, otherwise i have to get new ones before they die (restarting leveling of pet from begin, even with stronger features); about claims, u said nothing, and when u say "some of the items in our store can be obtained for free in-game", its true, but what cannot be obtained for free is really important for game experience.

I think its correct to say Linkrealms refused a Pay-to-win model, but simply because there is nothing to win, seems more a Pay-to-enjoy model, because i feel all main features have limitation, first of all the claim system imho

best regards

I like the life cycle that they have for the roosters. I mean sure you can buy things to enhance the game but in all honesty leveling up and stuff is truly not that difficult and the cash shop doesn't give anyone an "Advantage" over free to play players. And not all games can be ran without any cash coming to them so they have to make some type of small benefit to use the cash shop.. I mean I have credits but haven't used any of them and in just 2 days after running dungeons and killing spiders I'm at 108 strength and 80 agility with 60 severing and 60 battle tactics.. I mean there are spots in dungeons that have fast respawns in the PvE area and the PvP area that you can just camp and kill monsters but don't you think that just takes the fun out of the game? every level I gained I've had fun gaining. No matter what game you play you'll never have a game that's 100% free to play and that's only fair because how else would they survive?

• @Pain Linkrealms is unarguably pay to win.

I'm typically incredibly antsy about games that include micro-transactions, and any form of pay to win - but I'd still recommend Linkrealms to a friend in terms of the business model... Probably not based on the gameplay unless they have autism, though. If you hardcore this game the micro-transactions probably make the game easier for you, since you can earn money at a rate that compared to the standard price of credits is very high in order to get items I feel would otherwise be balanced to be much more expensive.

That said if tomorrow some nab joined Linkrealms, spend 700US$ on credits and currently used the market he could easily obtain near best in slot items.. probably everything one tier below Lizgoth. I'd personally let him train on me up to 80-90 afk for a nominal fee, and after that he'd probably have enough stat boosts on gear to wield all of his gear. He'd have the highest tier healing items, he could probably even buy souls to level spiritualism.

Going to from here call the person who's paying USD for the game Mark.
    So, mark has:

• Spent no time risking himself prior to being powerful, thereby losing less

• Near automatically gained the most powerful items in the game, thereby winning more

Now compare that to the common free to play skrub who as to spend an inordinate amount of time:

• Grinding for levels, risking himself and losing money and pride on every death

• Grinding for gear, with a relatively high potential of being ganked

• Grinding for gold, with a high potential of being ganked

• Having to wait around for to pay a credit trader when your gear breaks, potentially losing out on efficiency

Now, personally I'm really glad this game is free to play. The average player in a F2P game is significantly worse in terms of skill and gear compared to the average player skill in a game with a box price or subscription. They're less invested on average, so they're easier to murder, and murder is fun. Also it obviously means more players, which is good because a game like this requires some level of player turnover - I suspect I'm already to some degree responsible for people quitting, and they need to be frequently restocked for my fun times.

Conclusion/TL;DR
    This game is unarguably pay to win. As much as I'm sure the game suffers from the free to play model, AND IT DOES, I'm glad that it is. The cons of grindiness and having to lose more(potentially), in conjunction with the dissatisfaction of seeing somebody get something without having to work for it to the same degree as you is well worth the replenishing player base.

@Meziljin said:

Hi pain,

best regards

Ah yes, sorry, we do require you to purchase a "Circle of Life" for your pet in order for it to stay alive, otherwise it only lasts for 30 days. While this may seem "Pay-to-enjoy", it is one of the very few things we require players to purchase in order to keep something. As for claim stakes, you can buy those in-game with Argents, you do not have to spend real money in order to own and maintain a realm.

All items in our store can be Gifted to other players as well. We will be working on a system to help players with more secure store/credit trades in the future.

• @AlchemyI disagree with all of your assertions. Many cash shop items aren't just enhancers, but ESSENTIAL to the entire economy. This is a sandbox, so goals are obviously subjective.. but let's be real the goals in this game are murder people and or make bank. Money is a necessity to murder people, and cash shop items are not just part of the economy but essential to it - namely item repairs. Without the cash shop unless rebalanced the landscape of this game would change drastically.

Trying to argue that paying real money to have some degree of control over the economy in a game about the economy, even if only indirectly about it for some, isn't pay to win/unbalanced is just mind bogging. Like, don't get me wrong, I like things as they are now. You're wrong though. That said, I agree this game needs to be free to play as it's a social game, and without the turnover of new players it would lose if it had a box price/subscription its main feature would die.

@Holya that moment when you don't get the reaction you're hoping for lel. We all have our opinions! :)

@Holya also I'm still waiting for the punishment for leaving your pathetic guild :/ little do you know i have rejoined your guild lol you'll never know who i am though lel.

Also finally the circle of life i see as an optional item to use if you want infinite life for your pet.. But shouldn't you want to breed your roosters?

@Pain Focus of my observation was the duration of claim stack (1 week), really too much low that will cause serious problems to free players to keep their kingdom during holidays, even smallest ones...
    claims are not stackable, and trust me, if players that wanna say somethings here to change game will be treated with all the sarcasm, prepare for steam version....

and more, taking advices by princes that spend a lot of money every month here will destroy this game... they cannot represent a community, but an elite.... and if u focus only on their opinions like it seems, this will be the greatest sand box of the world.... a cigar box...

• @Alchemy I'm not hoping for a reaction, I'm correcting you. If you sincerely believe what you've claimed you've not played the game extensively enough to understand the very basic intricacies of its economy for your 3/5th's of an opinion to be relevant.

Additionally if you intend to derail this topic with your personal Tumblr raving bullshit I'll make this quick:

• The spy you got into our game has the same name as the one you used on Wurm

• You literally quoted yourself several times in guild chat

• You're the only one who hasn't joined guild VOIP

• You're a shit spy

• At no point did I say I'd "punish" you for leaving my guild

• You're one of the biggest social cowards I've met

A piece of advice from your better: Nobody likes somebody who expects special treatment because of their race, especially when they don't even have the courage to engage in a conversation about it after calling the person they didn't receive special treatment from a racist.

@Holya but i have joined the voice chat lol. It's interesting how you think you're steps ahead ;). Two characters have joined one that you already knew about one that you won't know about until the time is right buddy. You just think you're ahead when you're still steps behind in the game. Nice try though. Why do you think i haven't logged into Solarstart for a while lel?

@Holya someones a bit hurt after being ignored on Discord and Steam. I'm so sorry.

@Holya we can take this chat somewhere else if you would like that but out in public forum chat is not needed hit up my inbox when you have the time scrub. Every time i post on the forums i don't need a responsr from you. But you'll see what your actions has caused. Every action has a consequence.

• @Alchemy
    Step 1) Spam somebody with inane bullshit in public
    Step 2) Reference having previously ignored them
    Step 3) ???
    Step 4) Profit

My 12 year old niece has more of a spine, and is less self-centered than you. Like, seriously man, I mean none of this as an insult yet you've either taken offense, acted like you've achieved some kind of moral victory or laughed at the emotion in my genuinely apathetic responses to you. It's kinda pathetic you think I have any reason to care about you, or actions or your emotions? Man the fuck up. I'ma go play video games

@Holya coming from you lol.

@Holya in due time.

• @Holya @Alchemy please stop going off topic. You can settle your disputes via PM or in the Duel & Battles section.

@Meziljin you are not wrong when you say that some of the core features of the game have some link to monetized features. However, the proper questions are:

1. Do I have to pay to enjoy the game in full?
    2. Do I have to pay to be as strong as an opponent with similar skill level and gear?

The answer is no to both questions, because:

1. You can buy those couple Circles of Life or premium Repair Tools from other players who are trading credits for argents. You don't need so many of those, and they don't cost much. As an experienced player, in a day you can farm all the argents you need to trade for enough credits for an entire month.
    2. Nothing you can buy in the store will make your character stronger.

Even if you lose your realm because its time has run out, you won't lose the items you put on it. They will be back when you claim a realm again and upload your map again, so you can "go on vacation" safely.

@Prometheus no problem. :)

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.