Steam Early Access (May 19th) - FAQ

• Hi everyone,

the big news are here: Linkrealms is coming to Steam Early Access - check out the new Official Steam Store Page! Here’s a FAQ post for you with the most important information you need to know about this new exciting adventure!

1. When will the Early Access Beta start exactly?

The Early Access Beta will start on Thursday, May the 19th, 2016, at 9pm CEST (3pm EDT).

2. How long will the Early Access Beta run for?

This beta is not time-limited! Game servers will stay permanently open until the final launch of the game.

3. Will there be a server wipe/reset when the game transitions to full launch?

Our plan is not to wipe the server. Because of this, you'll be able to buy credits and claim stakes from the item store during the beta already.

4. Who has access to the Early Access Beta?

Access to the Early Access Beta is granted to users who:

• Have purchased or will purchase a Founder Pack on our website.
    • Have purchased or will purchase Linkrealms on our Steam store page.
    • Have verified a Beta Key.
    • Have created their account before July 2015.

5. Is there a difference between buying a Settler Founder Pack on the website and buying the game on Steam?

No, there is none. The prices of the two options will be identical, and purchasers of the game on Steam will be given the Settler founder status and the 15 store credits too. This price will however be higher than the current one.

6. If I buy the game on Steam, do I have to create a Linkrealms account to play?

No, you don't. In the login menu of the client you get from Steam you'll find a button named "Login with Steam account". If you are logged into the Steam client with the account you've used to buy the game on the Steam store, clicking this button will allow you to access game servers. No extra steps required.

7. I already have a Linkrealms account, what do I have to do?

Nothing! There is no difference between logging in with a Steam and a Linkrealms account: same client, same servers. Just keep using the client that can be downloaded from our website.

8. I have a beta key, how do I verify it?

Just visit the account management page. If you are not a Founder, you'll find a box to validate your key. If you still don't have a game account, you can create one on this page any time.

9. I don't have a key, will I get it?

Check out this page , help us spread the word about Linkrealms and you will get your key! Moreover, key giveaways might be run on our social pages (Facebook, Twitter and our forums) and gaming news portals. Last but not least, if you are a streamer and/or youtuber and you want to cover Linkrealms, just write an email to contact@linkrealms.com to ask for a key, providing a link to your channel and explaining how you want to cover the game.

10. Is there a NDA? Can I stream/make videos of Linkrealms?

There is no NDA. You are free to stream the game, upload videos, images, blog posts, and show / discuss Linkrealms every way you like!

11. How many servers will be active at Early Access launch? With what ruleset?

Two servers will be available, one using the Classic ruleset (open PvP, full loot, ...), the other using the Safe ruleset (limited PvP, drop of consumables only, ...).

Thank you all for your attention and your support!
    See you soon on Linkrealms!

• Great news @Prometheus ! But I have to ask you - will this graphic cards problem be fixed till this day? Because it is main factor if I will be one of your regular players or not and I would really like to be one of them...

• @Vetro said:

Great news @Prometheus ! But I have to ask you - will this graphic cards problem be fixed till this day? Because it is main factor if I will be one of your regular players or not and I would really like to be one of them...

We are working on it! I will upload a post soon on how to keep it under control in the meantime.

• FOUNDER: PRINCE

@Prometheus said:

cut

Will all the skills such as mining and blacksmithing be available when early access comes along? And the magic skills and what not?

• Great to finally have a date, here is to further progress and development of LR. :D

• So I thought I'd make a realm to show off what can be done with them to all the new players...

Made really sweet realm last night, a pretty good looking hollow mountain. Load it up today to work on it a little more, and everything is messed up. I've had it with that editor.

@Roundwaters said:

So I thought I'd make a realm to show off what can be done with them to all the new players...

Made really sweet realm last night, a pretty good looking hollow mountain. Load it up today to work on it a little more, and everything is messed up. I've had it with that editor.

Yeah I hate that thing heh

• Finally.

• ok not sure i understand totally, even if I bought a prince founders pack, i still have to promote the game to get a key? Is that correct?

@Bludragon said:

ok not sure i understand totally, even if I bought a prince founders pack, i still have to promote the game to get a key? Is that correct?

If you're a founder that should be your key if I'm not mistaken

@Bludragon Beta Keys also offer access to Linkrealms and those are given out many different ways though you do not need one if you have already purchased a Founders Pack.

• @Alchemy 3 out of 5 new magic skills will be there, mining and blacksmithing to come. More details will be uploaded soon!

@Bludragon as @Pain said, you don't need a key if you are a founder - being a founder grants you access to game servers!

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

Do existing founders get a steam key so we can play on steam?
    Would be a bummer if we didnt...

• @Kronks said:

Check out FAQ 7 above. There is no difference between buying a founder pack on the website and buying the game on Steam: the client and servers are the same! :)

• Have you guys decided on/willing to release the early access steam price/s yet?

• FOUNDER: SETTLER

@Prometheus said:

@Kronks said:

Check out FAQ 7 above. There is no difference between buying a founder pack on the website and buying the game on Steam: the client and servers are the same! :)

I understand that but It would be nice to have everything integrated with steam. It's a nice social platform and I use it to keep track of my games.

• @Holya check this out

@Kronks yes, we are aware of that. We'll try to come up with a good solution as soon as possible :)

• @Prometheus Oh, I checked but didn't notice this somehow. Thanks Prom

• @Aries said:

@Bludragon said:

ok not sure i understand totally, even if I bought a prince founders pack, i still have to promote the game to get a key? Is that correct?

If you're a founder that should be your key if I'm not mistaken

Thank you Aries :)

@Bludragon no problem buddy

Looks like your connection to Linkrealms Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.